Friday, March 31, 2006

Nicky's first doctor's appointment

Well we took Nicky in for his two week appointment at the pediatrician today. He was measured, weighed, had his cord stump pulled off and got his first immunization shot. Ow! Here's how much he's grown:

At birth 3/17/06: 19.75 inches long and 8 pounds 1 ounce
When discharged from NICU 3/24/06 he was back up to 8 pounds 1 ounce.
And today 3/31/06: 21.5 inches long and 9 pounds 2 ounces!

WOW! He's grown 1.75 inches and gained 1 pound 1 ounce! What a good boy!

I think I was mostly traumatized watching his cord stump get removed. Ugh! He was crying mad during that ordeal. And he screamed so much with that shot! Poor baby! He settled right down both times though. What a sweet baby he is.

We're still trying to get him latched on for breastfeeding, but now I just think I'll have to wait to see the lactation consultant again. Hopefully I'll have my act together enough to go to the regular meeting she holds on Tuesdays next week. Until then I'm pumping like a fiend and we're giving him a combination of expressed breastmilk and formula. He doesn't seem to care which one he gets as long as he gets it! He's like a hungry little tiger at his feedings!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my grandson!!! Growing like he should!!! I can not wait to see him again! Love to you all--xxxoooMom :)