Sunday, March 08, 2009

Can he build it? Yes he CAN!

Tom woke up insanely early to have Sampson to the vet for surgery Friday morning. Unfortunately when he walked out with Sampson, the other two dogs kicked up a ruckus, because it's just not fair that Sampson got to go on a ride without them, and woke Nicky up.

Darn.

So I had to get up too. But this did give Nicky and I some quality time in the morning to have a nice breakfast together. While I was heating bagels, Nicky had cereal and strawberries. Then he asked for some crackers. He wasn't eating the crackers though. He was building with them. I thought he was building a house, but he said no. Then I looked and saw him carefully lining them up so I thought it was a road. He said no.

Then he started pretending to play the piano on them and singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

OMG the cute!

So I asked him if I could take a movie of him singing his song for all of you to see and he graciously agreed.

Before I could get the camera ready, two crackers fell on the floor and were promptly gobbled up by Abbey. Nicky was distraught at this wanton destruction of his musical instrument, and so I had to give him another package of crackers to repair his keyboard. I think he was really excited then, because hey, now it was a really long keyboard!

And without further ado, here is Nicholas, playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the Cracker Forte.

5 comments:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Fischer has watched Nicki's video 4 times already. He thinks Nicki is just like Fischer. Then he just got down to make a piano out of dominoes and sing... Nicki is already inspiring others!!!! Go Nicki!

Jann said...

That is absolutely adorable!!!!!!

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Let me correct myself.. "Nicky" not "Nicki" sorry about that!

Anonymous said...

Watching this just made my whole day(which is cool because it's only 9:45am)! Nicky is the cutest & most talented nephew in the world. I can't wait to see him at his 3rd birthday party-he is growing so fast!
Love,
Aunt Liz

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! you are so awesome,Nicky!!! Thank you so much, my precious grandson!!!
I can't wait to see you for your birthday!!!
Love you and your parents "bunches and bunches"!!!
xxxoooGrammie :)