Thursday, February 19, 2009

Update on the sickies

Nicky was able to go to school today. Still has a little bit of a cough, but he's bored out of his mind being stuck at home with us for a week. I walked in with him and when we got to his room the teacher greeted him by name and told him they were getting ready for snack. He was so happy! He said "Snack!" and was just grinning ear to ear. He sat right down to the table where the other kids were sitting down. He turned smiling and waved to us as we were looking back through the doorway and then he turned right around and was talking with the other kids. It does my heart good to see him so happy and interacting with other kids. He's definitely ready for school. (Yeah, it's really just glorified day-care, but we're calling it school anyway. It costs enough to be school!)

We dropped Nicky off at school on the way to my doctor's appointment. I now have antibiotics and two new inhalers. I've got instructions to return to work Monday, so that will be a whole week missed. At least I've been checking emails and deleting the spam every day.

It seems we've been sick a lot lately. I guess me working with students and Nicky in school isn't helping. I'm considering the merits of wearing one of those surgical masks every day. Maybe in coordinating colors with each outfit. I could start a fashion trend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Nicky is excited to be back in preschool again. Sorry, Angie, you had to go to the doctor but glad you have some new medicine to help you recover.
Don't think masks will be feasible(but tempting for sure)!
Just try to stay with the 'tried and true'--rest, good nutrition, lots of handwashing! and breathing through your nose as much as possible. You know the drill, of course!:)
Love and miss you all very much!
xxxoooMom/Grammie :)

Anonymous said...

How about another update?
xxxooo:)

Anonymous said...

How about another update?
xxxooo:)

Angela said...

Will do Mom!