Wednesday, June 11, 2008

LONG Overdue!

Ok, first watch this video.

Then read this article in the Washington Post.

Then write your House Representative. Mine is Corrine Brown, and this was my email to her:
---------------
There should be a vote today on Kucinich's 35 articles of Impeachment of President Bush. This action is LONG overdue! Please vote for impeachment so that our Senators can vote on this too.

I really don't know what the democrats have been afraid of. Clinton was impeached for something so incredibly stupid, but impeaching Bush is NOT revenge for that. It's totally separate. We've never had such a horrible president. He is the one who got us into this war on FALSE pretenses.

And I think it's high time the House and Senate take back the power that the executive branch has been stripping away for 8 years. The balance between the three branches of government has been seriously disturbed. The executive branch has empowered itself too much, and this is an opportunity for the Legislative branch to remedy some of that.

Thank you.

---------------

I'm also calling my house representative. I hope you will too. These are Corrine Brown's three offices numbers:
202-225-0123
904-354-1652
407-872-0656


To find your own House Representative, go to this site: https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml
(if you need to figure out your zip+4 number go here.)

There should be phone numbers and an email. Since the vote should be today, I suggest doing both. (Normally I just email.)

The vote should be TODAY! Wouldn't it be great for this to make it to the Senate for a vote. I'd love to see Obama's vote on this.

------Update--------
So I see that they chickened out and sent this to the Judiciary Committee, hoping it would just die there. Well I found the Judiciary Committee website and sent them an email. I encourage you to do the same. I think by slacking on this issue, the House is sending the wrong message to everyone. Here is my email:

There was a vote yesterday on Kucinich's 35 articles of Impeachment of President Bush. I see that the House voted to send this to the Judiciary Committee. I write to encourage your committee to hurry along this decision as this action is LONG overdue. I would like to see the House vote for impeachment and then our Senators vote on this also.

I really don't know what the democrats have been afraid of. Clinton was impeached for something so incredibly stupid, but impeaching Bush is NOT revenge for that. It's totally separate. We've never had such a horrible president. He is the one who got us into this war on false pretenses. he's led our country so far astray from our values of individual freedom, civil liberties, and an accountable government.

And most importantly, I think it's high time the House and Senate take back the power that the executive branch has been stripping away for 8 years. The balance between the three branches of government has been seriously disturbed. The executive branch has empowered itself too much, and I see this as an opportunity for the Legislative branch to remedy some of that.

I understand that the presidents days are numbered anyway, but I think by not acting on these articles of impeachment you are sending the wrong message to the executive branch and our citizenry. It is imperative to the operation of our democracy that people see that the executive branch (just like everyone else) is held accountable for its actions.

Don't let this die in committee. Force the House and Senate to do their duty and vote on this.

Thank you.


The webpage for contacting the Judiciary Committee is here.

I promise back to cute Nicky stuff soon!

0 comments: