Saturday, November 26, 2005

Left over Turkey anyone?

Well I haven't gotten to the point of having perlo* for dinner yet, but I have had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole and cranberry sauce every meal for two and a half days. And you know what? I'm still not sick of it! I love holiday food!

I had my first definite Braxton Hicks contraction today. Just one that I noticed. It didn't hurt at all, everything just got tight. I've probably had more, but this was the first one I really noticed.

I can feel Nicky kicking every day it seems. Sometimes he kicks more than others, but I've pretty much felt at least a few little ones everyday. It's very reassuring to feel that. I can't wait till they're harder and everyone can feel them. AND then I want to SEE them too! I don't know if the anterior placenta will interfere with that or not. I would think I could see them sometime in the third trimester, which isn't too far off now!

I'm 22 weeks and 2 days today, I think the start of the third trimester is officially at 28 weeks. Dad got me a Bebe Sounds monitor which is kind of like an electronic stethoscope with headphones, which is a LOT more comfy than those stupid earpieces on Tom's stethoscope. I don't know how doctors can stand the pain of those things. Maybe I just have a huge head, but they kill my ears! We pull it out and try to hear the baby a few times a week. So far we can hear a lot of wooshing, probably from the placenta, I can hear how much my finger joints creak as I hold it, and I can say that I have pretty loud intestines, but that's it so far. We'll keep trying though.

I don't think I updated this on the blog, but I went to the OB on Wednesday for this pesky chest cold. They wanted to see me before the holiday. My OB actually listened to me, and agreed that I should see a pulmonologist. He set up a referral and the pulmonologist's office called me the same day to confirm my info. They'll set up an appointment with me next week. FINALLY someone seems to care enough to actually DO something about this bronchitis/asthma crap! WooHoo!

On that note, I'm actually finally starting to feel better too. I went all day yesterday without medicine, although I did it last night to let me sleep. Weird how it always gets worse at night. I've gone today without meds too, so we'll see if I need it tonight or not. So far, so good.

Dad's coming to see me tomorrow on his way home to Georgia. I'll show him the video of Nicky's ultrasounds. That should be fun. I like showing him off already and he's not even born yet!

*Perlo is a traditional southern dish of whatever meat you have and rice. This was the closest reference I could find online. It was a notorious dish in my house growing up and my dad hated it more than just about anything. Funny, but I don't remember actually every eating the stuff. I think we just had turkey sandwiches for a week after every holiday. Yum!

0 comments: